Mean Pete--Head Honcho of Mean Pete Publishing

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bad Teacher

The sensibility behind this movee is so much like my own that hanging would be too good for me.  But I liked it alot.

Sophia Coppola is just jealous.

How can you not love Cameron Diaz, fer chissakes?

Great comedy with a nihilistic edge but a warm heart.  A former teacher must have written it.  It got a lot of bad reviews, and Cameron does look old in it, but that's part of the charm.

This is sort of like COACH with Kathy Lee Crosby, which I saw from my folks' backyard at the Starlight Drive-Inn Theater back in Grand Forks, North Dakota, circa 1978, because it was the Big Bad !'R'!--but this is wiser and funnier in a darker, wiser way.

How can you go wrong with an aging teacher trying to be the best she can be so she can afford a new set of hooters?

Gidyup!

1 comment:

  1. I liked this movie a lot, and my daughters, who are both teachers, did, too.

    ReplyDelete