Friday, November 22, 2013

Goin' Italianio!



I was notified yesterday that the translation rights to my most recent Yakima Henry tale, DEAD MAN'S TRAIL, were bought by the largest of the Italian book publishers, Mondadori. 

I thought that was fitting, since some of my very favorite westerns were made by the Italians, including my favorite Italian flick of them all (though it's a very close first, skimming in ahead of the "Man With No Name" trilogy by the breadth of a frog's hair)--LE GRAND SILENCE, or, THE GREAT SILENCE.

I believe Graphic Audio will be publishing DEAD MAN'S TRAIL in February. Since they don't have the cover image up yet, here's the link for DEAD RIVER KILLER, which will be available soon and is available for preorder now…



Ciao!


5 comments:

  1. Yes, congratulations. I must say that placing the Corbucci film above any of Leone's westerns strikes me as anathema, but I can live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, Leone's films are better made, but a hero who doesn't say anything through an entire movie because he's had his throat cut? And he shoots the thumbs off bounty hunters so they can't shoot anymore? And the ending in which EVERYONE DIES? Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete, Are you saying the narrative of Il Grande Silenzio surpasses any of those in the Dollars Trilogy, to say nothing of Once Upon a Time in the West? I think I can make a strong argument that contravenes such a notion. Also, the visual element of film is no small part of the film's overall quality. I understand your fondness for the conceptual principles of the protagonist in Corbucci's best offering, but Blondie is more than laconic enough; and I'll take Clint, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef over Klaus Kinski and Jean-Louis Trintignant any day.

    Maybe you can finagle a spaghetti western style cinema production of the Yakima story. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete